A lot of your questions about the Police Department can probably be answered in the Frequently Asked Questions below.
How can I make a police report or talk with an officer?
In case of an emergency dial 9-1-1. To have an officer respond, to make a police report, or to contact you by phone call Tooele County Dispatch’s non-emergency number at 435.882.5600.
How can I get a copy of a police report?
Police reports can be obtained in person, by email, by mail, or by fax through the Records Division at 90 N.  Main Street, Tooele.  A GRAMA Request Form must be completed and a copy of your current ID must be provided along with applicable fees.

Typically reports can be obtained at the time of the request. Other circumstances such as the number of reports needed, or request for specific information not releasable by records clerks is subject to the 10-day waiting period.

For more information, visit our Request for Records section.
When do you offer fingerprint card services and how much do fingerprints cost?
Fingerprints are done on Tuesdays from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and Thursdays from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. We offer this service to Tooele City residents at no cost.  If you live outside of Tooele City there is a charge of $5.00 per fingerprint card.
How do I get my property back from the Police Department?
Contact the evidence department at 435.882.8900 for questions or inquires on obtaining your property back.
Is it OK to shoot a pellet or BB gun in one's own backyard?
Anyone who uses a device designed to propel projectiles at a high rate of speed such as a bow and arrow, bb gun, or air-soft gun cannot just shoot them in the city limits. City code states anyone shooting these devices who also creates a substantial risk of injury to persons or property is guilty of a class B misdemeanor.
Why is investigating my criminal complaint taking so long?
While our detectives work very hard on every case they receive, they must prioritize all cases. Additionally, many investigations require the issuance of investigative subpeonas, warrants or records requests, all of which require that sufficient time be granted to respond to the request.  Our detectives are committed to providing each case the attention it deserves.  If you have questions regarding the status of your case, please do not hesitate to call the office at 435.882.8900 and ask to speak to the detective assigned to the case.
What do I do if I think I am a victim of identity fraud?
Unfortunately most of us will be the victim of identity fraud or financial fraud. It is important to monitor your bank account on a regular basis for suspicious activity, if something doesn’t look right call your financial institution and inquire about it. If the transaction is fraudulent call dispatch and request an officer to take a report. Be wary of email, phone and Internet offers for money or that request your personal information, if it seems too good to be true it probably is.  If you receive a suspicious call, email or postal mail call for an officer to respond so that it can be investigated.  Finally, if you have been the victim of identity theft or a financial crime maintain all records to assist the detective in their investigation. You can also complete a fraudulent activity report on the Utah Attorney Generals Website at idtheft.utah.gov. This site provides valuable information regarding identity theft and will take you step by step through a fraudulent activity report.
What do I do if I suspect drug or gang activity in my neighborhood?
The Tooele City Police Department is a participating agency with the Tooele Drug and Gang Task Force. If you have information regarding drug or gang activity you can call the Task Force tip line at 435.579.3777 or email a tip through tip-a-cop@tooelecity.gov or www.crimereports.com. You can also call dispatch and ask to speak with an officer who will forward the information to a Task Force Detective. Address, suspect, and license plate information is very beneficial, as well as the times that the activity is most prevalent.
What do I do if I have additional information regarding my case that has been assigned to a detective?
Call the Tooele City Police Department and request to speak with the Detective assigned to your case, if that Detective is not available ask to speak with any of the Detectives or the Detective Sergeant. They will take your information and complete a supplemental report.