Pyrotechnics Permit Application
In order for this application to be considered, it must include the following requirements & required attachments:
- This application must be completed and returned to the Tooele City Fire Department at least 21 calendar days (3 weeks) prior to the date of display.
- Applicant must supply proof of a bond or certificate of insurance as outlined in Tooele City Code 3-4-13 for firework sales, stands, and discharge of fireworks.
- Attach a diagram of the grounds at which the display will be conducted. The diagram must:
- Be drawn to scale or with dimensions included;
- Show the point at which the fireworks/pyrotechnic special effects are to be discharged;
- Show the location of ground pieces;
- Show the location of all buildings, highways, streets, communication lines, and other possible overhead obstructions;
- Show the lines behind which the audience will be restrained.
- Applicant must supply names and ages of all assistants that will be participating in the display.
- Applicant must be in line with the 2009 International Fire Code, Chapter 33, and any other chapter listing within the Code that applies to the use and sale of fireworks.
- Application must include a $75 non-refundable fee.
- Application must include a deposit, certificate of deposit, or security bond made payable to Tooele City in the amount of $250 as outlined in Tooele City Code Fireworks Chapter 3-4-13(12).